Product legislation aims to improve people, the environment and properties protection from hazards introduced by a product.
Linde complies with all the extensive international, regional and national laws and has regulations in place which govern every aspect of our products life cycle.
For example, as far as chemicals are concerned, Product Legislation impacts on:
- Product registration (e.g. REACH in Europe)*
- Classification and labelling (e.g., ADR, DOT, IMDG, IATA and the new GHS)*
- Packaging and transportation (e.g. ADR, DOT, IMDG, IATA)*
- Storage (storage requirements are usually defined at local level)
- Product information as Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Tremcards (e.g. REACH and GHS)*
- Disposal (e.g. Greenhouse and Depletion Ozone regulations)
* Abbreviations used: