Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a colourless, odourless gas used for welding, plasma-cutting and substrate cooling.
- A colourless and odourless gas that can cause the nose to sting in high concentrations.
- Toxic in high concentrations.
- Slightly corrosive in the presence of moisture.
- Heavier than air, carbon dioxide will collect in ducts, drains and low-lying areas.
- Highly soluble in water at moderate temperatures.
- At elevated temperatures, carbon dioxide reacts with many substances.
Order Carbon Dioxide online
Applications and Uses
- MIG-welding mild steel
- For welding carbon and alloy steel and stainless steel with flux-cored wires
- Shielding gas in plasma-cutting
- Liquid for substrate cooling to control the heat build-up when thermal and plasma-spraying
- Suitable for inerting applications
- Balancing pH levels in swimming pools
- Compressed liquid carbon dioxide can also be used in small pipe-freezing applications